Monday, March 7, 2011

What a drag...

(Warning: This post is a rant, and if you don't want to hear me complain, don't read it.)

Today I have just felt EXHAUSTED! Just mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted. It really started yesterday. I drug myself to the gym and ran over 2 consecutive miles yesterday. The running itself was fine, but in my running log, I recorded that I was tired and fatigued. This morning, I was almost late to school. I overslept- yikes! I woke up later that I normally leave the house. Whoops! All day teaching I just felt like I could close my eyes and fall asleep on the spot. I went to a meeting tonight, which wore me out even more, then went to Zumba. It didn't start until 8pm and I was there 20 minutes early. Usually I do some cardio like the stairmaster or bike ahead of time... but not today. I just sat by the door watching the clock tick. I even almost left because I almost fell asleep waiting. During the class I could not give it my all. My body ached and I just was not in the right mindset to work out. I stuck it out and stayed the whole hour, but it was not easy. It's a little discouraging for me because I have been doing so well and working out has been a thrill. But not the last two days. I don't know if it is because I am getting sick (a lot of my students have been passing around a bug), or if it is because my body is tired from working out so much. Whatever it is, I hope I can kick it because I want to workout and feel good again. Well, its about 9:30 pm now and I think I'm gonna go to bed. Hopefully in the morning I wake up refreshed and strong!

2 comments:

  1. Turns out I'm sick... :( At least it's comforting to know that I'm not tired and fatigued from working out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And sometimes you just need a rest day!

    ReplyDelete