Saturday, January 8, 2011

Falling Victim to Holiday Hunger

Dear Health Savvy Internet Surfers,

Yikes. I did it. I ate Christmas cookies, pie, candy, lots of chocolate, alcohol, servings of homecookin' upon servings. And to top it all off, I neglected to work out for almost two whole weeks! I had decided to let my guard down for "just one day". But one day turned into several days of laziness and gluttony. I'm not too happy I let this happen... however, in spite of my little downfall, I MANAGED TO LOSE 1.3 POUNDS! Now I realize that this isn't much weight to lose considering it had been a whole month since my last weight in. But like I said in a previous post, most Americans gain at least one pound per holiday season. My goal for December was to at least maintain my weight. AND I DID IT!!! Now that I am back at school working, I've got my routines back, and there are fewer gluttonous gatherings, I should be able to lose more weight this month. I'll keep you updated.

Sincerely,
Obese Optimist

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on losing weight in December despite the holiday goodies! I gained five pounds during December. So, I need to haul butt and have a solid January of excercise and dieting!! Great job Boons!!

    ReplyDelete