Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dedication All the Way Down to the "Sole"


Dedication
\ˌde-di-ˈkā-shən\ noun: the act of being devoted wholly and earnestly, as to some person or purpose

I decided to try Zumba tonight. Zumba Zumba Zummmmbaaa! It was great! I have been doing cardio on my own at the gym and decided it was time to take advantage of some of the classes that are included with my gym membership. I met my best friend at the gym and we timidly walked through the glass doors into the "Zumba Room." We found a comfortable place near the back of the group and watched excitedly as the instructor began marching to the beat. About 10 minutes into the session, I kept feeling like I was stepping on something, but when I looked down, nothing was there! I finally stopped and took a good look at my shoe, and it had completely FALLEN APART! The bottom of the shoe was detached! I had to think fast. I leaned over to my friend and mouthed the words, "Shoe broke. Be right back." I ran to my car, drove down the street to Target, bought the first pair of women's size 9 shoes, put them on while I was in line to pay, ran back to my car, drove to the gym, and make it back to class all in just 13 MINUTES!!! Now that's dedication if I do say so myself :)

More importantly, I have learned that once you make the decision to do something, you have to stick with it. Fight through the obstacles, work hard, and reward yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Okay... I am feeling like a loafer now.. off to the gym tonight!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete