Monday, December 6, 2010

Lift Weights. Lift Your Mood.

Someone told me today that working out can actually benefit your mental health. If you are feeling depressed, stressed, or in a rut-- working out (especially some good ol' cardio) can actually increase your mood and make you feel better. I'm not depressed, but I have really noticed how much better I feel after a good work out. I decided to look into this theory a little more and I found a very informative article on the influence of exercise on mental health: http://www.fitness.gov/mentalhealth.htm. Exercise rejuvenates me and I hope if I ever get in a rut or I get too stressed and don't feel like working out, that I will reread this post and feel inspired. Keep working out... it is transforming you inside and out.

1 comment:

  1. I also find that I feel "like a million bucks" when I work out! Which is good, because I will never really have a million dollars!!

    ReplyDelete